Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Personalized Canvas Letters

My daughter's teacher is about to have her first baby so the moms from the class threw her a baby shower last week.  I had, of course, planned to make her something for the baby's room when I found out she was pregnant, so I had been chatting with her early on about the room colors and decor.  She really liked these personalized canvas letters at the Addilyneli Etsy Shop, so I offered to make something similar for her nursery in her style/colors.  I was happy with how they turned out and she was too :)...whew, relief!  



I had her pick out all of the paint colors and I sent her over to dafont.com to pick the font, which I downloaded for FREE.  The hardest part was deciding what colors to use where...I wanted to make sure there was a good balance of all the colors she picked.  Then I just painted all the backgrounds on 8x10 canvases, printed and cut out the letters at the size I wanted, traced them onto the canvases, and painted and outlined them.  The ribbon is attached to each canvas back using a staple gun.



This was my first go at canvas letters and the project was a lot of fun...once I got over the initial panic attack of committing to something I've never done before :).






Get Your Craft On Tuesday
LINKPARTYBUTTONJoin  us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for the weekend wrap 
 up           party!

2 comments:

  1. You did a great job. I love the colour combination.

    Have a great weekend
    Rochelle

    P.s I'm stopping by from Tatertots and Jello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job! You can't tell you've never done that before at all! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete