Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Outrageous Chocolate Brownie recipe

A moment on the lips....forever on the hips

I'm telling you, I'm trying to stick to my fitness/diet regime, my husband and I are both training for races and I have a killer sweet tooth.....this is the BEST brownie recipe ever! I'm doing the Belly Fat Cure diet and was wondering..hmmmm what could I make for a dessert for Valentines day??? 
Well this is the ticket!


Check out the height, super moist and it even has a chocolate glaze topping! Yes the candy hearts were added for presentation, but you can always pick those off....or hey, eat them with the low sugar/carb values of this brownie, I think you can live a little!


Here's the recipe-

Outrageous Chocolate Brownie

Brownie:
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 1/2 cups Joseph's Maltitol Sweetener syrup (got at Whole Foods)
1 1/2tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt

Optional glaze: (option I think not....ummm have to! yum!)
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 oz unsweetened baking chocolate
1/4 cup maltitol sweetener syrup 
2-5 packets Truvia, to taste

1. for the brownies: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 8" square pan. In a bowl, blend softened butter with maltitol syrup and vanilla. Add eggs and beat well. Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Add to egg mixture and stir until well blended. pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 40-45 minutes. Cool Completely.

2. For the glaze: Heat cream and chocolate over low heat and stir frequently until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in maltitol syrup until smooth. Add Truvia one packet at a time to taste.

3. Pour glaze over the brownies and let set before cutting into 2" squares.

Ok here's the great part.....ZERO sugar and only between 5-20 carbs(which is only 1 carb point on the diet)!! 

You'll be happy you got your bit of sweetness on Valentines day and stayed on track! So worth it, give it a try
 P.S. Don't forget your cup of coffee with it too! :)





giveaways Katie's Nesting Spot

14 comments:

  1. Wow that looks amazing! And I love you title only my coffee happens at 2:30 because the bus gets here at 3:00.

    I love the cake stand, Did you make it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosanne, its so yummy! Perfect time for your coffee...the extra jolt you need to finish the day! :)

    Yes, I made the stand with a wooden spool and circle plaque from the craft store. Then painted it black, mod podged the paper on top, wrapped ribbon around the bottom and hot glued the trim on. Wa-la...super easy and cheap.

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! Looks delish (: I saw your comment on my guest post at Tatertos and Jello and I think you said your daughter's name is Michaela (: How fun!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes thats right Michaela...love it! I named her after my father Michael who passed away...its a tribute AND a beautiful name...can't beat that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic brownie and to think it's actually good for you too. Love that touch of sprinkles at the top. I'm starting a new linky on my blog tomorrow called "Sweets for a Saturday" and I'd like to invite you to come by and link this up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the invite Lisa, we'd love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so delicious! No, I love food too much to get on a diet! :P

    I'm having the very first GIVEAWAY on my blog. Please stop by to submit an entry. Good Luck.

    http://utry.it/2011/01/happy-birthday-to-meand-very-first.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fabulous brownie! And low carb too. Delish! Thanks for sharing.
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for linking this up to my party. I really appreciate it. Hope to see you again next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds delicious and pefect for me! I'm diabetic so I'm always looking for ways to enjoy my sweets with minimal carbs:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds perfect then for you, have you ever baked with malitol?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry to ruin it for everyone but maltitol is not a sugar free and calorie free sweetnter. maltitol has ¾ of the sweetness of sugar, ¾ the calories of sugar, and ¾ the glycemic index of sugar, it isn’t a far leap to the conclusion that you need ¼ more maltitol to get the same effect of sugar, which will give you close to the same effect in most other ways (except for dental cavities). You are basically getting expensive sugar. And…a bonus:
    Maltitol can Cause Intestinal Discomfort


    so yeah... might as well use plain sugar and it will come out the same, but cheaper... and just because its from Whole Foods does not mean its healthy.



    you can read more about maltitol here http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/nutrition/a/maltitol.htm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just read abut that while looking for the product. I also was recommended Agave nectar but its 16g of sugar. So not sugar free now looking for something to substitute

      Delete
  13. Have you tried stevia as a sweatener? i honestly dont know much about it other than it is supposedly an extract from a plant. as for clean, i dont think it is, it has been processed to get towhere it is. But i think it is a zero calorie sweatener.

    ReplyDelete