Friday, December 3, 2010

Merry Mantle

Merry Mantle

Since Lauren and I have been busy doing Christmas crafts, I thought it would be fun to incorporate a few of the things we've been making into my mantle decor this year.  Here's how it turned out...


My favorite pieces are the ruffle and rolled rosette trees that we originally saw on the Shanty 2 Chic blog shown here http://shanty2chic.blogspot.com/2010/11/burlap-and-drop-cloth-and-ticking-oh-my.html.  Their post also has a great link for the rosette tutorial.  We loved the trees and had to try our own version of them.  I set mine on top of these cute whimsical pots I found at Michael's last year on clearance for $1.50...score!  In the center I used a snowman I made out of 2x4 pieces of wood inspired by a cute one we saw at Under My Umbrella http://undermypolkadotumbrella.blogspot.com/search/label/snowman.   The wreath on the end is the same one that we made for the fall craft fair (earlier post)....strips of burlap tied around a ring with mod podge wood letters and a bow.  Then I just filled in the gaps with random ball ornaments (mostly from the Target dollar bins) and whoooaallllaaa...a crafty Christmas mantle!



Hope your mantle is MERRY :)!

The Lettered Cottage

No comments:

Post a Comment