It wasn't difficult...just took a little time (a little more for me since I ended up making two). All you need is:
-Window/door casing (got mine at Home Depot and had it cut to 3.5 feet). I chose the fluted casing to make it look a little more fancy :). It comes white, but I had already painted mine black in the picture.
-Black satin spray paint
-Clothes pins (I used 25 on each holder)
-Decorative piece for the top (I used a wooden snowflake ornament from Hobby Lobby)
-White craft paint & brush
-Picture hanger (I used sawtooth ones from Home Depot)
Here's how to do it:
1. Spray paint the casing and clothes pins black.
2. Paint snowflake white and use spray adhesive to add glitter.
3. Attach the picture hanger to the back of the casing (top).
4. Attach snowflake (or whatever decoration you choose) to the top of the casing (front) using E-6000 glue.
5. Space out the clothes pins down the front of the casing. Mine are about 1 1/8" apart but you can add more space if you don't want your cards to overlap as much. I also alternated the clips in a pattern...right, left center, right, left center, etc...Attach with E-6000 glue.
6. Then tie some ribbon around the top and you're done!
And here it is with a few cards...
I'm happy with how it turned out...and now I don't have to pull out the scotch tape every day to put new cards up!