Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Fabric Bulletin Board

Hi everyone...its been a while since our last post...we were regrouping on our projects, and in all honesty, both Michele and I got a little stumped on Valentines day. Neither one of us decorate too much for this holiday....but we both will have some Valentine "love" to share within the next week so stay tuned......


In the meantime, in Arizona we have this awesome store Scrapbooks Etc. If you ever get a chance to go in there, or maybe you already have...its the bomb! I could stay there all day and buy so much stuff, then of course be overwhelmed with my "to-do" list of projects. Forget my "to-do" list of household chores! Those can wait! :)


One fine day I was walking through there and they had this fabulous fabric bulletin board as an example in the store on what to do with fabric and cute up an office essential. So I decided to do it at home. It sits right above my computer and I absolutely love it!



Heres a pix showing the pocket for envelopes and of course my baby Murphy when he was a puppy


Lastly heres a close-up of the pocket for bills, important paperwork, take-out menus, etc, etc



When I made this I wasn't even thinking "tutorial" and after all was said and done, now I want to share. So basically heres what I did:

17 X 23 bulletin board...(bought mine at Hobby Lobby with my 40% off coupon!)
2 coordinating fabrics (1 enough for the whole board and the 2nd enough to double up for the pocket. I made my pocket pretty deep so mine was 16 inches folded in 1/2..then allot a couple of inches for the sides and bottom to be stapled around the back)
a strip of Tulle and then a coordinating ribbon
Staple gun

That's it! I fell in love with the idea at Scrapbooks Etc, their shop is so awesome, if you're in Arizona and haven't been yet, make sure to get out there! 




No comments:

Post a Comment