Friday, July 29, 2011

Night Stand Makeover (Part 1)

Thought I would ease back into the blogging world now that we are back from vacation and pretty much done with the kids' summer activities :).  I haven't been doing a whole lot of crafting, but I have a growing list of projects that have been on my "TO DO" list that I'm trying to tackle.  Last year my daughter wanted a nightstand  next to her bed so instead of buying one, I had an old one from before my husband and I were married (I know...not very stylish but we were on a budget, and besides, it matched our lodge pole bed).


Anyway, I sanded and painted it...the knobs too, and transformed it into this...




I loved the way it turned out and so did my daughter BUT because the drawers aren't on rollers, they stick and are difficult to pull open :(.  She has lived with it for over a year now without too much complaining, so I hadn't made it a huge priority to find another option.  Well, earlier this year we had a community garage sale and I took this little beat up nightstand off my neighbor's hands for 5 bucks!  



This is the perfect size and the drawer and cabinet open easily.  Soooooo...I got this back in February, bought the paint for it in March and sadly, it is still sitting in the corner waiting to be made over.  I hope to have this one done within the next month so stay tuned...



1 comment: